Green building and water protection incentives are now available to residents for:
- upgrading old wood stoves
- installing domestic solar hot water systems
- rainwater harvesting
- grading site-cut timber for use in construction
- conducting home energy assessments
- installing a residential electric vehicle charging station
Those who achieve a high score on the Sustainable Development Checklist can be eligible for an additional incentive ranging in value from $500 to $1000.
Incentives are limited and available on a first come, first served basis. Approval is required before you can claim rainwater harvesting.
For more information visit The Regional District of Nanaimo or email sustainability(at)rdn.bc.ca.